Sunday 31 May 2009

Life Can Be Tweet For All Or How I Found The Art Of Social Mirco-Blogging



Since my life changing experience at the Excel Business Start Up Show in London, or what has been loosely titled "The day I found the overground route from Monument to Bank without getting lost," I have been introduced by some jolly new and interesting friends of mine to social micro-blogging or to those of you who are a bit less familiar to me, (and that may not be very many) TWITTER.


The Art of 115 words (or there about's)

To many, who first dip their toes in the cool waters of Twitter, they will be forgiven in thinking that it could be a load of old twit, but, for those who have not yet jumped into the deep end - it's addictive.

I find myself now telling complete and utter strangers about my day, my thoughts, feelings, even what I had for breakfast and yet to my amazement - I have followers.



Followers are people who can literally follow everything you say. You add yourself to the network, find yourself a password and username, add a little about yourself and you're away - and, what's more, you don't even have to go and log in to your email account to retrieve a confirmation link to start tweeting (and for those of you who have Hotmail, including my good self, that's a real pain to have to do.)



It does take some time to actually get into the swing of it. You may ponder several hours over your first tweet, not really thinking that's going to make a spot of difference to your business - yes, I bet you had thought I had totally forgotten myself and starting rambling on about social networking with the emphasis on the word 'social.' You're okay. It has all been planned. I found the key to good twittering is to apply your thoughts to whatever you wish to receive back. In other words, if you want to plaster the world with silly messages and jokes, you will attract like minded people back (we will get on to the Law of Attraction in another blog, set you be hitting an Internet connection near you in around 12 years time.) If, on the other hand you want to attract business minded people like you, add your thoughts and apply them to your subject. If your business is about catering, add catering based thoughts an so on. Don't forget, you only really have to write a sentence - a few words really will go a long way.

Go on and tweet yourself today...

http://twitter.com/

Find me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/OneMumbusinesss


or BT Tradespace - http://onemum.bttradespace.com/





onemum 2009






No comments:

Post a Comment